Benefits to Martial Arts Training over the Summer Time!
Posted: May 19, 2017
Benefits to SKILLZ Training Over Summertime
During the school season teachers, assistants, and counselors are focused on helping your children learn and grow. But what happens during the summer season when these people are not around? It makes sense that as a parent you would want your child to maintain some level of growth and development over the summer in order to limit or prevent your child from losing a lot of the skills gained over the last school season. This includes growth and development in the following areas: physically, intellectually, emotionally, and socially.
With that said, one of the very best options is to keep your child active through a solid martial arts program such as SKILLZ™. Whether your child is currently active in a martial arts program and you are considering giving him/her a break from training over the summer, or you are seeking some sort of activity to get your child involved in, consider the benefits of SKILLZ training over the summer before you make a decision. To make your job easier, we have selected four of the top benefits and provided an overview of each one below.
The benefits that we are going to cover in this report are:
- SKILLZ prevents weight gain!
- SKILLZ prevents summer learning loss!
- SKILLZ improves emotional stability!
- SKILLZ improves social stability!
Let’s get started!
Benefit 1: SKILLZ can help prevent unhealthy weight gain!
Although it may seem like children are more active over the summer, the lack of structure also contributes to weight gain. Even just two days of structured physical activity over the summer can have a snowball effect on their physical activities at home. SKILLZ is so much fun, that children actually enjoy the physical workouts even during the summertime.
Did you know?
• Children gain weight nearly twice as fast over the summer because they are snacking more often, many times out of boredom or lack of proper supervision. At the same time, many children are also less active over the summer because they sleep in longer, watch TV longer, play video games longer, etc.
• SKILLZ includes fun daily classroom activities that boost physical development. In fact, children who train in SKILLZ practice more at home over the summer since they have more free time to do so. This means they will enter the new school year in better physical shape than the previous school year!
Benefit 2: SKILLZ can help prevent summer learning loss!
Did you know?
• For over a century, scholars have recognized that summer vacation is a period when children’s brain development declines relative to the school year. In fact, studies have shown that children score much lower on standardized tests when they enter the new school season compared to the same tests taken at the end of the previous school year.
• SKILLZ includes daily classroom activities to boost intellectual stimulation over the summer. In fact, children who train over the summer also tend to progress even faster because their brains are not “bogged” down after a long day of academic learning. This means children can actually enter the next school year even smarter than when they left for the summer break because their working memory and fluid intelligence are expanded into a whole new level of development!
Benefit 3: SKILLZ training can improve emotional stability!
When the school year ends, children lose a lot of key contributors that boost self-esteem. This leads to less confidence entering the back to school season. SKILLZ provides a great environment for building children’s emotional development in a manner that is positive and productive.
Did you know?
• Children that lose self-esteem over the summer enter the new school season with many fears associated with making new friends, meeting new teachers, and bullying.
• SKILLZ includes daily classroom activities that strengthen children’s emotional outlook. In fact, children that are more confident enter the new school season excited about all of the wonderful opportunities that schooling has to offer!
Benefit 4: SKILLZ improves social stability!
Following rules are very important, especially over the summer when there are lesser rules that children must follow. This includes proper social behavior. SKILLZ develops proper social behavior during class, and those lessons carry over at home.
Did you know?
• Children that do not have proper social development over the summer tend to misbehave when they enter the new school season. At the same time, children that do not have sufficient positive social interaction over the summer enter the new school season with more anxiety.
• Skill includes daily classroom activities that boost social development. In fact, children who train in SKILLZ over the summer tend to be the same students that get glowing behavior reviews during the first round of parent teacher conferences.